Different types of bearings are available in the market. Each product has its own importance. If you are wondering which bearing is suitable for your application or how to choose a bearing, this blog is worth a read.
Please note that Ball bearings and Roller bearings are two broad groups. There are sub-categories in these groups with unique features and optimized designs. Marc Bearings Pvt. Ltd. from Rajkot, Gujarat, India is one of the top 10 Bearing Companies in India that manufactured different types of bearings to meet different requirements.
When searching for the right bearing for your application, consider the load capacity of the bearing. It is the amount of load the device can tolerate easily. It can be either axial (thrust), radial, or a combination of both.
- Axial bearing load: An axial or thrust bearing load is parallel to the axis of the shaft.
- A radial bearing load: This load is also a force perpendicular to the shaft.
- Combination bearing load: It is parallel and perpendicular forces that produce an angular force relative to the shaft.
Distribute Loads by Ball Bearings
Ball bearings have spherical balls. They can distribute loads over a medium-sized surface area. They are designed to work better with small and medium-sized loads. They spread loads through a single point of contact.
Type of bearing load and the best ball bearing for the job:
- Go for radial ball bearings (deep groove ball bearings) for Radial (perpendicular to the shaft) and light loads.
- Go for thrust ball bearings for Axial (thrust) (parallel to the shaft) loads.
- Choose an angular contact bearing if you need a combination of radial and thrust loads.
Bearing Load by Roller Bearings
These bearings are created with cylindrical rollers that distribute loads over a larger surface area, unlike ball bearings. They are ideal for heavy-load applications.
Type of bearing load and the best roller bearing for the job:
- Choose standard cylindrical roller bearings if you need radial (perpendicular to the shaft) loads.
- Go for cylindrical thrust bearings if you need Axial (thrust) (parallel to the shaft) loads.
- In case of a combination of both loads (radial and axial), opt for a taper roller bearing.
The bottom line is that there are two main groups of bearings, ball bearings, and roller bearings. All other bearings come within the purview of these groups. When selecting a bearing, make sure where you will be using them. Think about size, performance, the material used, etc.
Marc Bearings Pvt. Ltd. from Rajkot, Gujarat, India ranks among the top 10 Bearing Companies in India that not just manufacture and supply bearings, but also can suggest you the right kind of products for your applications. You need to share your required details, and they will customize the products to meet your specific needs.